Saturday, June 15, 2013

Recipe: Fresh Strawberry/Mint Spread

Lunchtime rolled around today and I decided to have an almond butter sandwich (I'm allergic to peanuts).  Without thinking, I grabbed a jar of jelly from the fridge, but as I did, I saw the fresh strawberries sitting there which gave me an idea!  I grabbed a handful and remembered seeing the wild spearmint that grows in our yard, so I picked a few leaves. I threw them in the blender and voila!  I had a wonderful smelling and tasting fresh fruit spread with no added sugar/perservatives/gelatin.




Recipe 

-6 Strawberries
-4 Mint Leaves

Place these in a blender, and mix until you get your desired consistency.  I let mine get very smooth to get the mint leaves chopped up more.


Next time I'm going to try to add a dried date for some natural sweetness as it was a drastic change from what you are used to from the typical jellies/jams.  Otherwise I am excited to try new combinations!





No comments:

Post a Comment